Let’s face it: life with babies is busy – and whoever invented the phrase “stay-at-home” mom or dad never had kids themselves. Between Well Baby check-ups, trips to the park and grocery shopping, parenting is very much an on-the-go job. So make things easier on yourself with products like the Britax B-Agile Travel System, which allows you to move seamlessness from car seat to stroller (and back again!) as you move throughout the day.
One of the best things about this kind of travel system is that, if your baby is asleep, it is easier than ever to get him from car to stroller without having to wake him up! Let’s take a look at the advantages of this travel system – as well as a few things to keep in mind before you purchase it.
If you are interested in a specific aspect, click on it on the table below. If not, enjoy and learn all you need to know about this product.
All You Need to Know about the Britax B-Agile Travel System
There’s a lot to love about this product. This travel system comes complete with the B-Safe 35 infant seat, the B-Agile 3 Stroller and compatible car base, so although there are other accessories you can purchase if you want them, you will still have enough with this package to start you off. Other systems require you to buy the car base separately, but again, this one is included in the deal.
Most parents cannot say enough about the safety of the car seat, which has extremely high ratings and which actually meets higher standards than are required by federal law. The complex system of safety features includes SafeCell Impact Protection. This means that the seat is designed to act like a “shell” to cushion and protect your baby in the event of a crash: it includes superior side impact protection due to a thick shield of foam that lines the inside of the seat and also a car seat base which is designed to help absorb some of the impact and reduce the force of a collision.
Much of the impact is also absorbed by the solid steel frame upon which this car seat is built and the depth of the shell helps protect your baby from the possibility of flying glass or other debris if you are in an accident. These safety features combine to make it one of the best-rated car seats out there in regards to protection and is a top reason why parents choose this product.
This car seat is rear-facing and is rated for babies between 4 and 35 pounds in weight and under 32 inches in height. The features which parents have mentioned were the best in reviews include:
- The car seat base, which is easy to install in your vehicle; the car seat itself attaches and detaches easily from this base to make the transition as smooth as possible.
- The car seat base contains a Bubble Leveler feature, which helps you to ensure that the seat is safely and evenly installed in the car base.
- The carrier hand is easy to hold or to carry on your arm, with an ergonomic, parent-friendly design that makes the car-to-stroller transition more comfortable for you and baby as well!
The stroller, too, is full of features that keep your baby safe and comfortable while making your life easier as well. First, the aluminum frame is sturdy and is rated safe for toddlers up to 55 pounds (so even when your little one outgrows the car seat, you can still use the stroller for a little while longer!).
However, though it manages to combine sturdiness with a light weight that makes it very portable to pick up and carry with you: if you are an urbanite in an apartment or condo that is several stories up or if your house simply has a lot of stairs, this is an important point to consider. Second, the Click and Go features on this stroller allow for compatibility with any Britax car seat and it is easy to attach and detach these seats without even waking the baby up!
Features of the stroller which surveyed parents most appreciate include:
- The stroller is relatively easy to fold up or open, even with one hand so you can keep a grip on the car seat holder while you prepare the stroller itself.
- The stroller fits pretty easily into car, SUV’s or trucks.
- The sun canopy attaches and detaches easily when needed and sticks on with Velcro. This protects your baby’s delicate skin from the sun, wind or insects (which is especially important if you are going for a walk in the park).
- The under-stroller bin is generous and allows you to carry around a number of baby products; it also contains side pockets for storage of diapers, toys, etc.
- The seat in the stroller can recline in several different positions to allow your baby to nap or sit up more as desired.
The one thing that many parents have complained about with this system is that the seat is relatively narrow and so can restrict the baby and not allow it enough room to wiggle around, particularly from side-to-side. Babies come in all shape and sizes, of course, and if your little one is a bit on the large side, this might be a car seat to skip, since they will likely outgrow it quickly or be overly cramped. This is definitely something to keep in mind before you make a purchase.
There are some great accessories that can go with this system as well. While they do not come with the original purchase, you can buy them easily at Amazon. These accessories include:
- Britax Stroller Organizer. This parent-friendly device attaches easily to the stroller and provides not only extra storage space for cell phones and other necessities, it also has two insulated cup holders to keep you well-hydrated even as you rush through the day.
- Britax B-Agile. As your little one graduates to sippy cups and finger foods, make snacking easier throughout the day with this snack tray, which clicks quickly onto the front of the stroller and has a cup holder and room for snacks.
- Britax B-Agile Rain Cover. Are you the kind of parent who just can’t wait to get out and walk in the park? Then this rain cover – which also protects from insects, wind and UV rays – is a good investment and attaches easily to the front of the stroller with Velcro. While still protective, however, it is also see-through to allow your baby to watch the world go by even on inclement days.
- Britax Head and Body Support Pillow. This reversible, easily washable insert provides your baby with extra head and neck support and keeps him comfortable throughout all seasons of the year. It is particularly good, however, if you live in cool climate but still like to get out for walks.
Shipping Information for this Travel System
Britax 2016 B-Agile/B-Safe 35 Travel Systemfrom the comfort and security of your own home and it retails for $349.00, making it a good value for the quality that you are getting with this product. Amazon’s service includes free 2-day shipping, but you can opt for one-day shipping for an extra fee.
Currently, this travel system can ship to addresses within the United States or to APO/AFO addresses for military families who are serving overseas, but there is no other form of international shipping currently available. You have the ability to track your order while it is in transit.
There is also a generous 30-day free return policy on this item so that you can try this product out risk-free.
To Buy or Not to Buy? The Verdict
Particularly if you are balancing out the cost of a travel system versus its safety and quality, the Britax B-Agile system is one to sit up and take notice of (especially when you keep in mind that some travel systems are in the $800-$1000 category).
The great thing is that you are not sacrificing quality for cost and the safety features on the car seat in particular make it a great one to have if you are a parent who spends a larger than normal time on the road with your child (for example, if your work and daycare are located at some distance from your home).
The one caveat here is the narrowness of the seat, which could make the ride uncomfortably close for larger babies and also shorten the length of time for which the car seat can be of service. For parents of big babies, a travel system with a more generous car seat might be a better choice. Apart from that consideration, though, this is a great product to consider and does make life easier when you are having to travel frequently between the car and stroller.
So while no single travel system is perfect for everyone, the Britax B-Agile System does come close, especially for parents who are extremely safety-conscious and want the safest ride possible for their babies.